Friday, July 16, 2010

For Payal

For Payal...

Why do bad things happen to good people? Here’s a query that has bothered me for a while now. And the thing that has brought it back into focus is that one of my best friend, Payal, visited me yesterday to hand over her wedding invitation. She was to get married on Saturday (yesterday was Thursday evening) and was leaving for Bhubaneswar today. We had a nice girlie chat, everyone including my mom was excited about her wedding. She left in time for dinner with her parents. Imagine my shock when today morning i get the following message: “Zabid met with an accident last evening. Is in the icu. He is stable. Plz pray 4 us”. And all of a sudden everything is tossed out of balance. Her wedding has been postponed to don’t know when and she will now be rushing to Bhubaneswar not to get married but nurse her husband back to health. It’s sad when it happens to people who are genuinely good. Maybe shit happens with everyone but its more noticeable when it happens to good people. And I think I am rambling now... but Im really upset about this and I just screamt at two of the guys from IIFT interning with me for cracking a stupid joke and I just want her to be ok and I want him to be ok and I want them to be happy. Please just take care of her and her family.

1 comment:

Kshitija Khade said...

This is more for me to remember iguess... this was dated 21st May, 2010 but uploaded late...