Sunday, December 27, 2009

My First Surgery!!!!

Now here's a classic example of how I never get fazed in the face of adversity....(People I have been through a surgery so a little apne muuh miya mithu banna is quite in order...) So I had this pain which had been irritating me since i got to Kolkata last October... and by the first week of November it grew really bad... of course I was taking meds for it so dont you ask me y i didnt do anything abt it...Anyways back to the story.... This pain was really bad... so finally on the 4th of November I decided to be sensible and go see a doctor again... and as luck would have it, the dumb cow misdiagnosed it.... (I have since taken corrective action by warning all my friends against going to her because she is a "totally incompetent nincompoop"... in the words of Captain Haddock) So it just got worse and worse till I could'nt move my legs even a cm.... that's when I decided (I am very quick at taking such decisions you see) to go see if the surgeon could bus=rst the boil for me... (all this while I was under the impression that it was as simple as that thanks to that fool who calls herself a doctor) So Shilpa and I get into a cab and gop for a ride.. a very painful ride as all the potholes of Kolkata seemed to have lined up along my route that day... anyways the surgeon takes one lok at me and goes you have to be operated right now./... Imagine my shock...so far it was just a boil... now i have to be operated!!!! anyways so we got me admitted in the hospital and Shilpa and I sorted out the hostel mess payments.... and then i dozed off happily... no food or water for 6 hrs u see... and then i woke up, saw that minal and shveta had arrived... got wheeled into the OT and it was over before I knew it...The anaesthesia might have had something to do with this factor... anyways the healing after the durgery has taken longer than the surge3ry itself.. In fact i am still getting the dressing done daily... but i am not complaining... at least nothing went toxic in my body like the surgeon said it could if i waited any longer... saved by the cat's whiskers eh!! and that my dear freinds was my first surgery.... Anyways I wouls really like to thank Sayani, Minal, and Shveta for staying with ,me in the hospital for the first 4e days... and Shilpa for forcibly pushing me to go to the hospital.... and I think they have all the fun memories of my surgery.... apparenty I said quite a few interesting things while I was under anaesthesia....Anyways things are now limping back to normalcy and hopefully this thingie will not happen to anyone i know ever again...

P.S: the highlight of the hospital trip was the dude who brought in our food singing for me and mummy...
a close second was when a dude from the class came to visit and this guy came and stood there and questioned him as to who he was, where he came from, and whether he spoke english too...
Well if nothing else at least you cant say the trip was not entertaining...

No comments: